• Land Purchased

    Jemmott’s Lane site of St Patrick’s Church was purchased and the foundation stone of what was to be the Church of St Edward was laid.

  • The Beginning

    This first St Patrick’s Church was solemnly blessed on 17 March 1848 by Bishop Patrick Smith the Vicar Apostolate who resided in Trinidad, and was consecrated on March 10.

  • Burnt Down

    On Trinity Sunday, June 17th 1897 in an early morning fire the Church was burnt down. A mystery to this day. Arson was suspected. But from the ashes of the first St Patrick’s Church arose the present Church.

  • Construction

    Construction began and all was ready by the 17th March 1899, the feast of St Patrick, for the solemn Blessing. St Patricks remained the one and only Catholic Church until the year 1954.

  • Cathedral

    St Patrick’s Church was raised to the status of Cathedral on March 18, 1970..

+ -